Hootout is about sharing moments and having fun. Our goal in creating these rules is to accommodate the broadest range of self
expression while balancing the need for users to be able to use our service safely and enjoyably.
Don’t send people content (post or message) they don’t want to receive—especially if the content is mean.
Be thoughtful about what you post/send and whom you send it to.
Keep it legal. Don’t use Hootout for any illegal shenanigans.
What not to Share
- Hootout prohibits accounts that use public Stories to distribute sexually explicit content or promote
sexually explicit content found outside of Hootout.
- Sexually explicit content includes Snaps that depict real or implied sexual acts or nudity in a sexual context.
- Not all nudity is taboo. Breast feeding and other images in a wholly non-sexual context are permissible.
- Nudity or sexually suggestive content involving minors (people under the age of 18)
- Never post or send any nude or sexual content involving people under the age of 18 -- even yourself.
- This includes adding drawings or captions to a content to make it sexual -- even as a joke.
- Invasions of privacy
- Do not photo/video/content of people without their knowledge and consent.
- Take extra care not to violate people’s privacy in private spaces, like someone’s home, a bathroom, dressing room, or locker room.
- Never threaten to harm a person, group of people, or their property.
- Intimidating people is not okay.
- Harassment, bullying, or spam
- This one should be simple: Do not bother or make other people feel bad on purpose.
- If someone blocks you, it’s not okay to contact them from another account.
- Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not—including celebrities, brands, or other organizations.
If you violate these rules, we may remove the offending content or terminate your account. If your account is terminated,
you won’t be allowed to use Hootout again. Please take these rules seriously and honor them in the spirit in which they
are intended. The rules will change and evolve along with the Hootout user community. We will do our best to enforce them
consistently and fairly, and ultimately we’ll try to do what we think is best in each situation, at our own discretion.